Lincoln Group Industrial Services has partnered with an exceptional client in the Biopharma industry that is looking for a Buyer to join their team on a direct-hire basis! The Buyer will perform buying activities and negotiate the most favorable terms for the organization and will interact with other departments to resolve issues and meet customer requirements.
Type of Hire: Direct Hire
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Software: ERP Systems (Syteline preferred), MS Office Suite
Location: Camarillo, CA
Compensation: Hourly Up to $35/hour
- Qualify vendors, evaluate bids, and negotiate prices and terms for purchased goods and services.
- Ensure items purchased meet company specifications, quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
- Issue purchase orders according to proper policies and procedures.
- Assist internal departments in obtaining product information in preparation of purchase specifications.
- Review and monitor incoming requisitions and confirm orders.
- Serve as a resource in resolving customer or vendor problems.
- Prepare local bid invitations.
- Utilize sales forecast/data to schedule inventory materials from suppliers to meet forecasting and inventory requirements; expedite/defer deliveries, as necessary, to support operational objectives.
- Identifying and resolving differences between company and supplier objectives as well as customer requirements.
- Develop plans to improve performance and COGS; optimize inventory levels to minimize costs by managing inventory carry costs, bulk purchase discounts, production planning, and lead times.
- Respond to production or distribution issues and adjust purchasing schedule as required; communicate any major variations to affected parties.
- Assist with monitoring inventory to reduce Excess, Expired & Obsolete exposure.
- Identify and resolve differences between company and supplier objectives as well as customer requirements.
- Solicit and evaluate bids; procure goods and services.
- Evaluate vendor performance.
- Maintain documentation of buying transactions.
- Assist in policy and procedural compliance issues.
- Research discrepancies and reports findings.
- Track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and maintain a current database of vendor information.
- Establish Critical Material Shortage list and escalate supply chain issues with suppliers.
- Leverage the Company’s ERP system to determine appropriate supply inventory and budgeting of raw materials.
- Obtain competitive quotations and select suppliers based on quality, cost, lead-time, service, and financial stability.
- Identify and manage slow-moving, expiry, or obsolete inventory.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline OR 3+ years of relevant experience with emphasis on manufacturing in the medical/biotech industry or ISO-regulated industry.
- APICS certification, CPIM, SCSM, or CPR, a plus
- Knowledge of quality system regulations and ERP systems required (Syteline preferred).
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Effective interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with manufacturing, quality, sales, finance, and engineering departments.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Prior contract/supplier relationship management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Extensive research and the ability to negotiate contracts with suppliers, manage and inventory, evaluate quality goods, and stick within a budget.
- Knowledge of standard business terms and arithmetic.
- Ability to provide exacting accuracy in all phases of work.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory management concepts, particularly the role of shelf life and controlled material in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, and deliver results on time.
- Good understanding of production planning and scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of MS office with strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, changing environment while effectively managing time and delivering results on time.
About Lincoln Group Industrial Services:
We are a woman-owned staffing firm specializing in Engineering and Light Industrial. We provide you with resources directly to achieve confidence in your workplace. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution. First our website at www.lincolngrp.com