The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client in the Transportation industry located in California who is in search of a Human Resources Generalist on a direct-hire basis. The Human Resources Generalist will plan and manage human resource programs, direct staff training, counseling, and coaching staff, and provide administrative support to human resources department functions and associates. This position is a great opportunity to help continue to build out the HR department and build upon existing HR practices.
Position Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: Eastern LA County, CA
Work Schedule: M-F, in office
Compensation: Competitive compensation, plus benefits!
- May need to manage, develop, and maintain HR activities, policies, and procedures.
- Create and manage HR reports, dashboards, and metrics to assist leadership in making educated business decisions.
- Coach management to help strengthen and/or develop their leadership skills.
- Implement and execute performance reviews.
- Partner with business leaders to develop a thorough understanding of the requisite business model, the financial outlook and growth plans, the organization’s core jobs and functions, workforce dynamics, and the competitive landscape of market factors.
- Participate in HR organizations like SHRM and HRA to remain apprised of current trends.
- Conduct HR investigations and provide recommendations and consult with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Maintain company organization charts.
- Responsible for recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, new hire orientations, employee benefits, health and safety policies, and affirmative action plans to ensure positive employee relations in keeping with Company objectives.
- Work with department leaders to identify the underlying causes of performance issues, determine the best solutions, monitor results, and readdress as needed.
- Build and nurture strong internal and external relationships to get things done across all levels of the organization.
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree and PHR or SHRM-CP Certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Experience in a call center or transportation industry, supporting 150+ employees a plus.
- Exceptional conflict management skills and demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- HRIS Systems experience, ADP highly preferred.
- Skilled in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Knowledgeable in federal, state, and local laws.
- Able to identify and resolve problems.
About Lincoln Group
We are a woman-owned executive search, retained search, and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a retained, permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.