Lincoln Group Industrial Services has partnered with an exceptional client in the Biopharma industry that is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their team on a direct-hire basis! The Senior Buyer will be responsible for leading all purchasing activities using best business practices and procurement aptitudes aligned with company policies and protocols to research and negotiate with vendors to obtain equipment, materials, supplies, and services to achieve lowest cost and highest quality to meet production schedules.
Type of Hire: Direct Hire
Reports to: Director of Operations
Software: ERP Systems (Syteline preferred), MS Office Suite
Location: Camarillo, CA
Compensation: Up to $105K annually
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure the best value, costs, lead times, materials, and products.
- Manage vendor relationships and performance.
- Retain current knowledge of existing vendors, industry trends, and relevant pricing.
- Recommend process improvements by advising on alternative sourcing strategies to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage vendor contract data by verifying the quantity and quality of incoming shipments, checking invoices for accuracy, ensuring compliance with contractual regulations, and working with vendors as necessary to resolve any discrepancies.
- Participate in supplier development activities.
- Evaluate current and new suppliers to determine the optimal setup for supply contracts including leading the qualification process for alternate suppliers.
- Maintain an ERP database of supply purchase orders, paid invoices, goods delivered, product quality, current inventory, and future order schedules.
- Purchase materials, supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with company policies, and applicable laws, regulations, rules, and limits.
- Identify opportunities for schedule agreements to reduce replenishment lead times and costs.
- Assist with the administration activities for Request for Information, Request for Proposals, and Request for Quotes.
- May be responsible for checking and guiding the work of entry-level buyers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline is a plus.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a medical/biotech/biopharma industry.
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing/procurement in a manufacturing environment in the biotech/bio-pharma industry.
- APICS certification, CPIM, or CPM is a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Successful history of establishing procurement supplier strategies and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analysis, documentation, project management, purchasing, proposal writing, and vendor management skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Innovative and proactive with the ability to forecast future supply needs.
- Experience analyzing product costs inventory management, control, and risk analysis and management.
About Lincoln Group Industrial Services:
We are a woman-owned staffing firm specializing in Engineering and Light Industrial. We provide you with resources directly to achieve confidence in your workplace. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution. First our website at www.lincolngrp.com